Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Does anyone have calf pain / shine bone pain?
#284120 03/10/20 05:46 PM
W
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
W
So strange as this may sound for the last three years i have severe calf pain and shine bone pain that will come and go anytime. I've brought this up with my PCP, EP Cardio M.D, and Rheum as well my John Hopkins Myositis doc. None of them have mention anything useful other than MRI showing minor inflammation of the muscle.

I'm young 36 years old with AS type of symptoms for the last 5 years and I'm really concern about the Peripheral Artery Disease, which by the way is only thing that shows up in google search.

My Cardio said it's impossible for someone like me to have it , so he dismissed it. PCP said toe nail, hair looks good etc, so hes not sure. Rheum said it looks like muscle inflammation but we don't know.

That is it, no one is really investigating this issue. I feel this is worse then AS.

Here is my biggest fear, I DON"T HAVE ANY HAIR ON MY CALF. I'm loosing some hair .

Is anyone else in similar situation?

All my Echo, Stress Test, Cholesterol, blood panel is all Normal and Negative for everything.

Thanks

Re: Does anyone have calf pain / shine bone pain?
worldofme #284184 04/10/20 09:43 PM
B
First time visitor
First time visitor
B
You aren't alone. I'm 37 years old and received my official AS and Syringomyelia diagnoses a few months ago (after a decade of symptoms).

I find new pain in random areas at any given time (apparently that's the running theme for people suffering from AS). For the past few weeks, I've been experiencing moderate to severe shinbone pain (tibia) in my right leg, which has made it difficult to walk...I don't have the calf pain you're describing though. However, my legs are nearly bald at this point from the knee down and I've been noticing brown discolorations of the skin on the left side of my right shinbone.

I've been worried about this, but it is dismissed by my team of doctors. Maybe it's nothing to be concerned about, maybe it is. If the pain becomes severe enough, I'll get second or third opinions, but for now there is enough stress with daily life, so I'm going with my doctors' advice and making the decision to not worry about it.

Unfortunately, I don't have any useful information for your situation...just wanted to let you know I'm dealing with something similar.

worldofme #284190 04/14/20 06:14 PM
B
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
B
I do not, but my son (who also has PsA) does. Has never gotten an answer for it. Not much pain in the calf although it does come sometimes. But shin pain is there a lot and all his hair has gone from that area of his leg. It is odd. Wish I had answers, but my son hasn't gotten any answers either. He's 34.

Beth
worldofme #284422 09/03/20 05:23 PM
K
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
K
i have been experiencing calf cramping and tighgtness in some tendon areas. for me it is just a symptom of AS. remember your SI joints eventually fuse so once and during while they do this it may affect nerves that go down your legs and cause periphial pain which is what i am experiencing plus i have a Bakers Cyst in my right knee. your tendons will turn to bone at your achilles in some cases so take that into account.

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard