Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Parents with AS whose children have AS #29120 03/06/06 10:14 PM
R
Ryan's mom Offline
R
I'm the firstborn child (I have one younger brother); I was diagnosed with PsA and AS a little over two years ago. My son (second born ... I have an older son who is relatively symptom free and has not been diagnosed) was diagnosed six months before I was. His doctor at Mayo feels that there is a two out of three chance that both of my parents have AS, but they have not been tested.

Re: Parents with AS whose children have AS #29121 03/06/06 11:19 PM
D
dfab2 Offline
D
My dad has full blown A.S. he is totally fused since he was in his early 30's .Im the first born daughter and I have A.S. it started 10 years ago Im now 47yrs. old .none of my bothers and sister has it. Im also hlb neg. but Its still running insanly in my body. Thanks good thread. Debbie

Re: Parents with AS whose children have AS #29122 03/07/06 06:29 PM
M
MindyInAR Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
M
My mom has it, I have it, and I'm about 95% sure my daughter (first born) has it........ we go to a children's rheumy tomorrow to get tested.. she's scared..... I feel bad... I guess I know how mom feels now when she periodically says "I'm sorry kiddo, I feel responsible" Not like it's your fault you pass it down, I always tell her to Shhhhhh that's not necessary, it's one of those things...... but now I kinda know how she feels.... Anyway my 2nd born, my son, has no signs whatsoever. My daughter is 16, has been having some issues for the last year or so....

I'm no doctor, my bank account should be proof of that, so my medical opinions and advice are strictly that, my opinion and experiences.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto