Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: "brain fog" #30937 03/05/06 10:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have experienced the brain fog from time to time. It is very disconcerting to be half way through a sentence and have my mind go blank. I always thought it was caused by fatigue from not getting enough sleep.

Re: "brain fog" #30938 03/06/06 12:46 AM
M
MIKWONDO Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
M
I have noticed myself lose a word after taking some meds.I have noticed it after 2.5mg.diazapam,10mg.hydrocodone,or 50mg.tramadol.
I have also noticed that these same meds can make me more talkative.So I guess my brain is pausing while serotonin reuptake is occurring.
Best,Mike :p

MCM
Re: "brain fog" #30939 03/06/06 01:30 AM
N
north Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
N
The products of inflammation cause a lot of brain fog. Its not something I have properly figured out thou. [actually the real truth is that I cannot remember!] The vitamins do make a difference but for some an answer might be ina book called "the Inflammation Cure : How to combat the Hidden Factor Behind..............Meggs and Svec I am sure you will find it in the library.
Here is a quote from something I have just on hand too........Niacin deficiency - ......later symptoms are a red and swollen tongue, diarrhea, mental confusion, irritability and .......

Doesn't that sound familiar? wink

North
PreAS = STARCHfree, yoghurt, ,, meat , vitE, niacinamide,B complex
CARNITINE, B6
Fibro = antiviral, MAGNESIUM /B6
Arthritis in fingers = no potato fam. plants
Candour & laws differ from place to place
Re: "brain fog" #30940 03/06/06 05:00 AM
I
IrishElf Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I
I've been having them for years, but I call them "brain farts". It started in my mid-30's when I became peri-menopausal.

I'd had spondylitis since childhood and I always had a photographic memory, so you couldn't prove the AS and "brain fog" theory by me. My DH and son hated the fact I actually could remember everything they said, my MIL hated that fact the most!

But as I became menopausal it got worse and worse. I remember one time trying to explain leather. I absolutely could not remember the word. I told him..."you know the skin of the animals that we get milk from [couldn't remember the word cow either]? You know the stuff they make jackets from?" He stood and looked at me, he thought I was playing some kind of game with him. Now he's used to it. Even my younger Sis helps me "remember words".

And losing track of where you are in conversations? That's become commonplace for me. That's why I talk about my "one last brain cell". Some days it's not awake, but some days I get lucky.

As you slide down the bannister of life...May the splinters never point the wrong way.
Re: "brain fog" #30941 03/06/06 10:21 PM
R
Ryan's mom Offline
R
Brain fog is a good descriptor ... this happened to Ryan when he was on Indomethacin (Indocin) ... the percentage of people to whom this happens while on this drug is so low that they felt for sure it wasn't the cause ... but after going off of it and this "fog" coming to an end, we know for certain that the drug was causing his problem. He'd raise his hand in class to answer a question, and when the teacher would call on him, the words were gone ... quite embarassing for a high school junior! But things are better now in that respect. Hope this helps!

Re: "brain fog" #30942 03/07/06 02:05 AM
N
north Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
N
Janice,
Typical of Doctors to say "its a bit low" .....you had 114? I read somewhere that Japanese drs regard 800 as reasonable.
Sounds like my dr ...." a bit low" mad

North
PreAS = STARCHfree, yoghurt, ,, meat , vitE, niacinamide,B complex
CARNITINE, B6
Fibro = antiviral, MAGNESIUM /B6
Arthritis in fingers = no potato fam. plants
Candour & laws differ from place to place
Re: "brain fog" #30943 03/08/06 01:22 AM
F
farmgirl Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
F
I wanted to respond to this post. I think I had something to add, but now I can't remember. :rolleyes:

Pam

Re: "brain fog" #30944 03/08/06 01:31 AM
J
janice Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
J
Thanks for replying North it was 144,but the latest test was 141.I dont know how many times they'll test it (maybe its best out of three haha)but my doctor says they don't like it under 170,but I have to wait until the consultant gets back to her,yawn!YOU COULD'NT MAKE IT UP!! :rolleyes: laugh Jan

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto