Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: X-ray results
#70778 08/13/07 06:38 AM
W
W
Yes, Ricobrognafan, sclerosis of all the lumbar facet joints was my earliest sign of AS too.

Keah
#70779 08/13/07 12:15 PM
M
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
M
Thanks, that's what mine showed also. I was just wondering if mine was typical or not and you helped answer that question for me. I have sclerosis and bony ossification at the SI joints and facet joints plus thickening and calcification of the ligamentum "something or other" that travels up the spine and stabilizes the vertebrae. Can't remember the name of it.

Lisa K.
"Attitude is everything"
#70780 08/14/07 04:20 PM
L
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
L
Hi Leme,

Was just wondering how things went for you on the 10th? Was your MRI more revealing?

#70781 08/15/07 12:22 PM
L
Lemeow Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
L
MRI shows nothing in my SI joints. She said there was no way I had A.S.

I asked her what was going on with my spine then?? She said "Normal wear and tear" I argued with her as to why, she finally got in my face and said " When I am 60 to 70 my spine will look the same!!"
I told her "But I am only 34" With that she replied that alot of ppl with HLA-B27 can just has symptoms like Iritis but no Autoimmune disorders.

So after hearing its just degenerative arthritis over and over I broke.
Cried, showed her my tongue and my blisters as well as a few other things I have going on.

She said in the end "Well I have a couple other ppl I see that has Rhuemitoid and very simular symptoms as yourself and none of them have anything concrete for a dx of this or that."
"Lets try methotrexate. It has helped one of them. So I am going to go out of my comfort zone abd see if this helps"

Started the med saturday. Took 6 lil pills. Once a week.

Sorry it took so long to get back to ya all but my sis and mom came back up to my house with me (I have to trvel to see Rhuemy) And my daughter just had a hernia fixed. Its her second surgery in like a months time.

I dont know what to think of the doctor visit. Have no idea where to go from here. Tired of it. Just live hurting and do the best I can.
Hugs,
Leme

I am woman. I am invincible. I am tired.
#70782 08/15/07 12:54 PM
M
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
M
Been there, done that. Although I did manage not to cry at my last visit. I'm starting to think they want us to beg for help.
Now why would she give you MTX if she thought there was nothing wrong. She wouldn't. Unbelievable, these doctors.
I felt your pain reading your story. frown

\:\) Susie \:\)
#70783 08/15/07 01:21 PM
B
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
B
Ah Leme, I'm so sorry for what you're having to go thru. Why do we all have to take 3 steps back for every one step we can take forward when it comes to a diagnosis? My appointment with my Rheumy wasn't so good. She wanted to do another boat load of tests which, if I had the money, would be fine...but I don't so we didn't. She is more than willing to get her notes to reflect my true condition but was in such a rush that day I just didn't feel as good about the appt as I had on other visits. I don't know, maybe it was me, maybe I was hoping for too much. Have you had any results from the MTX yet? Maybe it will help, you so deserve to feel better. Take care sweetie and know that I'm thinking of you!

Big Hugs!
Beth

"I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell".....Matchbox 20

#70784 08/15/07 03:16 PM
L
Lemeow Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
L
No I havent had any diffrence yet.......It said on the package that it may take weeks. Plus w/ my daughter having surgery twice in a months time and my doc appointment I havent been emotionally well and as we all know that makes for the body to feel worse than the norm.

I really am at a loss with my health....I dont have A.S. I guess or it would have shown by now...But since I do have a nasty spine I am still hopeful to come visit all my pals here, plus I will continue to be a member for the money helps those with A.S.

I dont know whats wrong with me, sigh......I am an emotional wreck about it.....I dont kknow what to do next. If not A.S.......what then?? I feel like I am going batty just trying to work it all out in my head!

I am woman. I am invincible. I am tired.
#70785 08/15/07 03:54 PM
M
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
M
I've probably said this before, so sorry to repeat, but they did an MRI of my SI joints and said they were normal, but did an xray and it showed moderate arthritis. Now how that could be, I don't know.

She validated you when she gave you the MTX. At least she believes you have something and it's bad enough to give you a cancer drug. I think that says alot. You're only 34. My first xray was done when I was 33 and back then they were more clueless, I think. LOL

\:\) Susie \:\)
#70786 08/16/07 06:20 AM
E
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
E
Lemeow, I feel so badly for you going through all this... Please don't give up! I went to multiple doctors for YEARS -- 32 of 'em -- before I found one who believed me. He is our family doctor, and he did some digging around and some testing before sending me on to a rheum. Then I was finally diagnosed! (Our family doctor knew what it was, though.) I am now starting to search for a second opinion rheum., but at least I got the diagnosis. Get some of the free info. brochures and stuff from SAA and other sources, and take it all with you so you can back up what is going on with your signs and symptoms. Hoping and praying you get a firm diagnosis of what is going on with your health! smile

#70787 08/16/07 06:56 AM
M
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
M
Leme, I am sorry for you but I am glad that you
stood your ground.I guess that the Doctor has never heard of Reactive Arthritis. I actually had a Doctor ask me what was Reactive Arthritis?
If you only had Osteo-Arthritis, then it should show up in your knees and fingers.
I have both, I have severe Osteo plus an inflammatory.Most of my Doctors say Psoriatic, one said Reactive. Really, I believe that all forms of Arthritis are Reactive.
Take care of You and your Family,
Mike

MCM
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard