Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: X-ray results
#70788 08/16/07 03:12 PM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I was really sorry to read your latest post(s). Hang in there, I was in the same situation and probably will be again (since I have moved and have to find a new rheumy).

So, its trial by DMARD, eh? At least if it works you will know it is spondy for sure. DMARDS do not work on osteo-arthritis.

Its raining again, so I'll leave it at that. Ouch.

37, Female, Psoriatic Spondylitis
www.charliefoulkes.com
#70789 08/17/07 02:52 AM
A
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
A
I feel your pain because I'm still in the same position. MRIs just show fluid in pelvis and hip area. Xray of neck shows a stiff neck. And bone scan shows oteopenia. I have all the symptoms and so Dr. just put me on mx for a trial period.

#70790 08/17/07 12:27 PM
M
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
M
Any idea why the MRIs show fluid in the pelvis? Mine showed the same thing when I had it done years ago. Just curious if anyone knows what the fluid is from.

Lisa K.
"Attitude is everything"
#70791 08/17/07 02:48 PM
M
M
Leme- I'm so sorry that you've had another setback. Do you have peripheal arthritis? The MTX may help with that and as Charlie side, MTX doesn't help with "old age arthritis", you being in your 30's, such a good candidate for old age arthritis and all! Sorry for the sarcasm, couldn't help myself!

Lisa- I don't know if this is what they mean by fluid on the pelvis, but they may be referring to bone marrow edema. If that's the case, research shows that bone marrow edema is an indicator of where erosions and damage will most likely occur from all types of arthritis.
Lee

#70792 08/17/07 02:52 PM
M
M
Leme- Just thought I'd add that you may want to get an actual copy of the radiologist's reports for both your x-ray and MRI. Not to sound distrusting, but you mentioned fuzziness all over your SI joints on X-ray. If the MRI mentions sclerosis or sacroiliitis, that's a definite finding for AS. Maybe it won't, but I would want to see the actual report.
Lee

#70793 08/17/07 05:57 PM
L
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
L
I ditto everyone else. I'm sorry to hear that your still in a battle to get a proper diagnosis. I also, more specifically, agree with Mike's post about Reactive Arthritis.

I was able to get my service medical records dating back to 1978. It turns out, according to my rheum, I actually had the onset of Reactive Arthritis way back then due to an infection that I didn't even remember having. I had the swollen ankles, back, buttock, leg pain and was treated for costochondritis on several occasions back then. Didn't even remember any of it.

I remembered the pain symptoms while I was in the Army. But I didn't recall it beginning in the Air Force.

Condition, at this point, has worsened to active Ankylosing Spondylitis, which is generally a rare occurrence (particularly in women). I don't know how rare. She just pointed out that most ReA patients do not progress to actual AS. But it does occur and they are the ones who usually end up with a lot of irreversiable damage because the AS goes untreated.

I could not stomach MTX. It also did not work for me, as far as back and leg pain. Now, I have read on here that it has worked for some. But it didn't do anything for me except make my stomach irritable.

I'm also sorry to hear that you have so much else going on with your daughter. But you have chosen right to remain a part of this forum. You never know what someone might post that will be a break for you.

I know this is not going to be a consolation to you...but I want you to know that it took me 25 years to get a proper diagnosis, especially now that I know what was going on in 1978. So, stay encouraged that you won't have to wait as long as did.

I will be sure to pray for you!

#70794 08/21/07 03:58 PM
L
Lemeow Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
L
Well kids are in school and I have some time to respond.....

I looked up Reactive Arthritis....When I was first trying to figure out why I had iritis my doctor mentioned A.S. and Reiters......Some of the things with Rieters didnt apply to me at the time I guess. Now they do ALOT.

I am affraid to print it out for my Rhuemy. Some ppl assume you are disease hunting and just looking for the answers YOU WANT. Understand what I mean?

I have some previous posts regarding Reiters and such and how it may apply to me. So maybe I am wrong and its Reiters....It seems they use the Methotrex on it as well. So we shall see if the meds help??

I am HLA-B27 Pos. I have had alot of Iritis this year! Sores that wont go away on my mouth and hands. I have what they call secondary to primary auto immune...Rhaynauds Phenomenom. I have it bad I am splotchy all over alot of the time and cant even eat ice cream these days :rolleyes:
So I have ALL of the things you need for a Auto Imune disorder. OLD AGE my booty!!!!! mad
As you can tell I am in the mad stage now LOL.....

We shall see I guess. Just wanted to update ya. Thank you for all the replies and well wishes. I'll keep ya informed how things go on the Metho.
Hugs!!!!
Leme

I am woman. I am invincible. I am tired.
#70795 08/21/07 08:13 PM
K
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
K
Lemeow,
kathy here. How did your si joint mri s show/ very curious. Mine showed chronic bilateral sacroiliitis and fibrous ankylosis and my rheumy still says he isnt sure if I have AS or sacro- iliitis!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, he still insists my knee, neck and chest pain is FIBRO. i swear, if I hear him mention that my pain is PERCEIVED pain again i swaer I will lunge at him. ALL the inflammation on my hips, shoulders, sternum and shoulder blades which showed up on the body scan is WEAR and TEAR , he says. I am q 43 year old french teacher for God,s sake, not a builder.
Anyway, let me know how you are doing confused

#70796 08/21/07 10:39 PM
M
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
M
Leme,

How frustrated you must be!! There are hundreds of kinds of various auto-immune diseases out there, including probably dozens of kinds of arthritis. Don't give up!!! SI involvement is a signature symptom of AS, and since you have more advanced symptoms elsewhere and nothing showing on SI's, I can understand why you aren't getting an AS dx, and also understand how maddening it must be.

I work with a guy in his 40's who is close to going on disability for a variety of ailments: disc problems, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis. His back is a mess, and he doesn't have one clear problem, just a hodge-podge of symptoms. Thankfully he has a pain management doctor who is willing to treat him aggressively. I think the herniated discs are the worst of his problems, but he has many systemic symptoms too from the fibromyalgia.

Anyway, please know that you are not alone. Sometimes it helps to remind yourself that what you are feeling is real even if you don't have a name for it.

Good luck. I hope you find treatments that help and eventually get a firm diagnosis. Until then, tell everyone you have Lemeow Syndrome, the only case of it in the world!

46, diagnosed with AS in early 2005 and on TNF-blockers since then: They have been miracle drugs for me. On Enbrel from spring 2005 to Nov 2008. On Humira from Nov 2008 to present. Baclofen and OTC anti-inflammatories as needed.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." --Gandhi
#70797 08/22/07 02:06 PM
L
Lemeow Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
L
LOL Mary Beth.....I bet my kids and hubby would agree I am one of a kind...Sometimes good sometimes bad if ya know what I mean.

Kathy, She says nothing is there. Im not sure what she thought she saw before.

We had an argument. She kept telling me " YOU DONT HAVE A.S. I told her FINE then whats up??
I am fine with not haveing A.S. believe me!!!! But now what. She acted as if I was refusing no as an answer.

I dont know whats the matter with me. No matter I know its not in my head, for my spinal x-rays show im not wack. Just want to know what it is hehehe

Lemeow Syndrome!!! OMG watch out world if you get this one hehehe it can be calm one second and then KABLAM the next.

Love to all,
Leme

I am woman. I am invincible. I am tired.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard