dislexia
#82885 12/25/07 10:29 PM
D
Daya Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
D
I was wondering if anyone has developed dislexia? I dont know if i have it, never actually talked to a dr. about it. Whenever i type or write, there are always those words that end up backwards. Mostly i switch letters around, like 3 or 4 letters in a word. Curious! Can it be dislexia or something related to AS or fibromyalgia? Anyone???

Re: dislexia
#82886 12/25/07 10:35 PM
D
Daya Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
D
Sorry guys i didnt know if this one would post so i wrote it again.. ooppppssss!!!

#82887 12/26/07 04:16 AM
I
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I
Hi Daya and Welcome,
I have had dyslexia all my life. It is something that is very common and a lot of people have it and don't realize it. My son has it also and I think my Dad had it too. My most prominent symptoms are: not knowing my right hand from my left hand without visually checking my hand for my ring. I cannot tell North, south, east from west when away from the area I live. And I also have dyscalculea (serious problems with math) and I do terrible at any tests.

Everything I've read points to neurological or genetic causes, not AS or Fibro but I'm not a doctor.

Here's a link that might help.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyslexia

As you slide down the bannister of life...May the splinters never point the wrong way.
#82888 12/26/07 05:02 AM
M
M
Merry Christmas

Yea dislexia to my knowlege is not inspired by A.S, its genetic. I love hearing other individuals testamonies about their dislexia issues and concerns. Dislexia does mess you up at times but also has its more hallarius sides. My wife and my mother-in-law were standing side by side washing dishes one day.(wife = right side & mother-in-law = left side) and so i walk ovre to see if they wanted any help and as i usually do, i tap my wife gently on her cute butt, well something went wrong as i unwantingly extended my left hand, patted my mother-in-law on her but as i leaned up to kiss my wife on the back of her head!! LOL LOL WOW I was so embarrassed. They though it was really funny, no harm done.(LOL)Those are the funny sides of it, the other hand, spelling, math, learning, direction comprehension just goes to poots and you have to be constantly aware of your brain or you can get instructions mixed up really quickly. I nearly lost a job for it at one point 15 years ago. I do not think it can spawn from A.S, but if your concerned, do speak with your medic.

Mr. Fish
#82889 12/26/07 05:47 PM
L
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
L
Hi Daya

I was a high school special ed teacher for 25 years. It sounds like you have dysgraphia which is dyslexia only when it deals with writing. It is genetic and although there's no definitive answer regarding its cause, it's felt that it has to do with signals sent from one part of the brain to another part and the signal gets reflected back.

Marilyn

#82890 12/26/07 07:07 PM
B
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
B
I don't know if I have dyslexia, but when I have not been sleeping well and/or the AS/FMS pain is elevated, I tend to get left & right backwards. When I am on the spotting scope during buffalo rifle matches (out to 800+ yards), I will often tell the shooter to adjust his sights left when he/she really needs to move the windage adjustment to the right.

I ain't got to where I'm going, but I'm past where I've been.
#82891 12/26/07 07:16 PM
I
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I
Very well could be Bill. That is one of the most subtle symptoms (not distinguishing left from right).

I don't do well backing up a trailer either. When I turn my head to look back, I can't remember which was I'm supposed to turn the wheel.

My DH is always saying, "No, your OTHER left!"

As you slide down the bannister of life...May the splinters never point the wrong way.

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard