in 2005 at age 44
Re: How many c and p exams
#102212 04/03/07 02:13 PM
M
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
M
No one said I didn't feel like driving down to Helena and kicking him in the rear. :p

Jay

NOTE: If you aint here to help row the boat then you are welcome to walk the plank.
#102213 04/05/07 10:52 PM
G
G
Awww Jay, don't feel lonely. Just received another notice for more c&p exams in May. Last was in June last year, that was Podiatry. Now it's with Ortho, Neuro, Derm, and ENT. This was all from Arthritis, Migraines, Multiple falls on the right knee (one left a bruise for two years), although not sure why the Derm is in with all of this. Most likely since current Rheumy thinks there's an element of Acne Arthritis involved, although Derm has already said it's not.

My poor supervisor has been a trooper through it all, although every now and then she asks how that is all going - the re evaluation and all.

Quote:
Originally posted by mont974x4:
I just got s letter for my 3rd c and p exam since this all started. I had my first one in town about 3 years ago, I had another one in BIllings---4 hour drive---about 1 1/2 years ago. This one is in Helena--1 1/2 hours away.

I don't think I'll go.

Sal
#102214 04/06/07 01:20 AM
M
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
M
All mine have just been for my AS..and it's related issues which took some educating the people performing the exams.

Jay

NOTE: If you aint here to help row the boat then you are welcome to walk the plank.
#102215 04/17/07 01:07 PM
M
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
M
OK, I e-mailed the VFW rep that is supposed to be working for me two weeks to just to touch base and see how things are going. I still have not gotten a response.

I emailed him again last night and asked if I can still expect the 2 month time-frame for an answer...which would mean I have about a week to a week and half left.

I'll post when he finally answers me and what he says.

Jay

#102216 04/17/07 04:34 PM
M
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
M
Finally a respone:

Jason,
The Decision Review Officer (DRO) made a decision on your claim this morning. The ankylosing spondylitis with chronic low back pain is continued at 20 percent disabling and remains on appeal. A Statement of the Case is being sent to you. If you wish to continue the appeal of this issue, complete and return the VA Form 9 to our office. The DRO granted ankylosing spondylitis with limitation of motion, cervical spine at the 10 percent rate. This increases your combined rating to 30 percent effective 02/08/2006. This decision should be promugated with an award letter within the next few days. Remember, it is not official until the award letter is published. Also of note, on your Notice of Disagreement (6/13/06) you mentioned several other conditions. These are being deferred back to the rating board for appropriate action because they were not part of the original claim.
Bob S.

OK, so I guess I'll wait and see what my other issues get rated at?

Jay

#102217 04/18/07 11:38 AM
M
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
M
Jason,

This afternoon I have meeting with the VA Natinal HQ's in DC to discuss problems with rating Ankylosing Spondylitis. It is clear they are still not applying 5002 criteria to your rating and that is the crux of the overall problem.

Mike

#102218 04/18/07 01:50 PM
M
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
M
That's what I figured as well. However, I need the letter to verify it. I was just informed unofficially via e-mail yesterday, so the letter should be here in a few days.

Do you need a statement from me authorizing the release of information for the people working on these issues? You can give them my contact info if necessary.

Maybe somewhere there who is working on these issues can hit up the VA rater here? laugh

On the plus side, college is going well. Altho, my last class was a killer it shouldn't have hammered my GPA too bad. I am on the downhill slope with just a bit under 2 years left.

Jay

#102219 04/19/07 07:27 PM
M
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
M
Bob,

I am reading through the packet I received in the mail today regarding the findings of my exams.

First, I can not tell what code was actually used.

Second concerning the March 2006 exam. It states that the x-rays were normal for the lumbar region and SI joints. I was diagnosed using SI joint xrays by a rheumatologist who is very familiar with ankylosing spondylitis, AS. NO other doctor was able to determine what to look for. I would like to know how someone not trained in this area can verify that my films were clean. Additionally, AS is a holw spine issue and the damage found between the c4-c5, c5-c6 are in fact due to the AS. R

Third, the Feb 2007 exam. She commented on no restrictrion opening my mouth. She never asked. Had she asked she would have found my jaw to lock and pop and at times is quite painful but only momentarily.

Fourth, there is radiculopathic concerns. In fact, I have complained of this. One way it manifests is shoulder issues. Also with numbness and tingling in my fingers my last bout lasted well over a year. The latter caused me to drop tools while employed at my last job. As you can imagine, dropping tools and parts along with the severe pain and stiffness are not condusive to working as a mechanic. This is why I have not worked in about 2 years. Additionally, the slow starts on most days make keeping a regular morning schedule (such as would be required by regular employment) nearly impossible as would needing to leave early and missing work altogether. I am just stubborn enough to not complain to much and suck it up but clearly it just isn't worth it. What company would employ me? WHo would be flexible enough to meet my needs and still provide a decent wage?

Very few people are able to see me when I hurt so bad and I'm so stiff I can barely get my feet off the floor. Or when my cervical spine is so inflamed I get migraines. Yes these were noted but not adequately addressed. Iimagine it's time to really start whining to my doctor.

Lastly, the doctor and treatment issue. I need to be treated in accordance with the needs of this disease. The VA does not have a rheumatologist. I need my visits covered by the VA. Also, I was informed that the VA can not prescribe the only meds that work for me. Those being enbrel and celebrex. Note that I add darvocet, vicodin, various sleeping pills and whatever else is necessary on the recomendation of my civilian rheumatologist as necessary to keep things managable.

What do I expect? A rating of 70% with unemployability of 100% and the VA to cover the costs of my treatment.

Thank you

Jason Jones

Jay

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard