Print Thread
Found Fit for Active Duty once already?
#162449 11/30/09 07:32 AM
R
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
R
I have been a Marine for almost 9 yrs. About 7 years ago I began to have back pain on a daily basis. As an infantrymen I deployed twice to Iraq being told that my back pain was normal and given Motrin. After my deployments (2005) I was given orders to a training command where I actually had time to be seen. The doctor found a trigger in my blood and sent me to a rheumatologist in which diagnosed me with AS, given Embrel twice weekly and had instant success. I then went on a Med Board which found me fit for active duty service pending a lateral move. (job change)
I moved into the intelligence field where I currently work. I have been working in this field for 3 years and have recently returned from a successful deployment to the CENTCOM AOR, however while meeting recently with my medical officer about a upcoming hike with full gear and the strain it would put on my body, I was told that my disease was not allowed in the CENTCOM AOR due to refrideration and immune system depletion and that I was not going to be able to re-enlist in the Marine Corps. I was simply going to have to "ride the out the the 16 months of my contract" and get out. Is this possible? Knowing that the medication I take is not cheap I am worried I will not be able to afford it on the outside. Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Found Fit for Active Duty once already?
Riddler15 #162608 12/03/09 05:36 AM
R
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
R
Sorry All... Something happend to this post Repost:

I have been a Marine for almost 9 yrs. About 7 years ago I began to have back pain on a daily basis. As an infantrymen I deployed twice to Iraq being told that my back pain was normal and given Motrin. After my deployments (2005) I was given orders to a training command where I actually had time to be seen. The doctor found a trigger in my blood and sent me to a rheumatologist in which diagnosed me with AS, given Embrel twice weekly and had instant success. I then went on a Med Board which found me fit for active duty service pending a lateral move. (job change)
I moved into the intelligence field where I currently work. I have been working in this field for 3 years and have recently returned from a successful deployment to the CENTCOM AOR, however while meeting recently with my medical officer about a upcoming hike with full gear and the strain it would put on my body, I was told that my disease was not allowed in the CENTCOM AOR due to refrideration and immune system depletion and that I was not going to be able to re-enlist in the Marine Corps. I was simply going to have to "ride the out the the 16 months of my contract" and get out. Is this possible?

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard