Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sudden Joint Pain - Elbow, Knee, Ankle. #268288 09/03/14 08:02 PM
B
bigtar Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
B
Hello, I am not sure where to being, but any input would help.

About 7 weeks ago I made a mistake of going to massage parlor for massage and happy ending. I got both, but was not a wise decision on my end.

Next day I started having pain in urethra. I went to my doc who provided doxy 100 mg two times a day for 10 days. This I took and pain was gone.

Two weeks later I started having dry eyes and mouth ulcer. Two weeks later I had severe on set of joint pain in elbow knee and ankle.

I went to my doctor who said my symptoms sound similar to Reactive Arthritis.

I tested for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea in the begging (4 days) after exposure and was negative. Urine culture was negative.

5 weeks later I retested for urine and that was negative.

It's been two weeks know and I'm still having joint pains. Does this sound like RA?

My Arthritis test such as ANA and GGT were normal. CRP normal. Sed Rate Normal.

So chlamydia and gonorrhea main cause are normal, then what can trigger this auto immune disease?

HIV?

My HIV DUO Test at 28 days was negative

With all the symptoms i have I really feel its HIV or Some sort of illness.

Also to note, I did have FLU SHOT (influenza) three days before onset of joint pain. My doctor says that is not possible, FLU Shots do not give RA...This was trigger by bacteria / viral. I am being refer to Rhumi, waiting for appointment.

In meanwhile any help is great. Thanks.

Please help.
Thank you

Last edited by bigtar; 09/03/14 08:04 PM.
Re: Sudden Joint Pain - Elbow, Knee, Ankle. [Re: bigtar] #268289 09/03/14 09:09 PM
S
Shirley Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
S
I'm no expert but I'd be guessing it is reactive arthritis. Reactive arthritis may remain well after the initial infection has cleared. I think a rheumatologist would be best placed to give you the answer.

Shirley
Peripheral and axial AS diagnosed October 2011 aged 50, more than 15 years after the symptoms started. Also PCOS, GERD/oesophagitis/dysphagia, IBS, asthma,chronic rhinitis. Taking enbrel, methotrexate, folic acid, omeprazole, vitamin D, metformin, steroid inhaler and eating low starch/low GI.
Re: Sudden Joint Pain - Elbow, Knee, Ankle. [Re: bigtar] #268290 09/03/14 09:50 PM
B
bigtar Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
B
Shirley,

I'm thinking the same its RA. The main question is what caused it in the first place?

I do not think I put myself at a risk from my situation, but you never know. There is something that trigger the reaction.

Usually, STD like Chlamydia is responsible for the trigger but in my case I was tested negative.

What do you think?

Re: Sudden Joint Pain - Elbow, Knee, Ankle. [Re: bigtar] #268291 09/03/14 10:05 PM
T
tntlamb Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
T
If your problem was the result of your trip to the massage parlor, you have not been treated for the right stuff. pretty much the only "bacterial infections" that are related to reactive arthritis that would give you the symptoms the next day are Trichomoniasis and/or Bacterial Vaginosis. Yes BV happens to men and is very common from massge parlors. None of the antibiotics you took will do more than stunt it. Metronidazole or Clindamycin are commonly used. You should be checked for Lactobacillus, Gardnerella or Mobiluncus You are getting close to the 6 month window where its easy to treat. Most PCP's aren't on top of this. Public health, or a phone call to the massage Parlor may speed things up. Oh untilyou ar sure what it is avoid alcohol. If its BV, its like fertilzer.

Re: Sudden Joint Pain - Elbow, Knee, Ankle. [Re: bigtar] #268292 09/03/14 11:10 PM
B
bigtar Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
B
Tntlam: Thanks for suggesting few possibilities.

I went to my own pcp and a county clinic. They both dismissed by saying if it happens right away (few hours to next day) then its chemical irritation of the urethra. As most STD incubation period is 2 - 3 days. However, I will def bring this up with my doc in our next appointment. How much the county clinic don't test you for that or recommended?

I had no discharge nor pain during urination. Just a stinging pain inside urethra.

Should I be worried about HIV?

Last edited by bigtar; 09/03/14 11:10 PM.
Re: Sudden Joint Pain - Elbow, Knee, Ankle. [Re: bigtar] #268293 09/03/14 11:13 PM
B
bigtar Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
B
See what is a mystery here is that I did not have exchange of bodily fluid.

I received a massage using a Oil & Happy Ending (Aka handjob), I apologize to be graphic here.

she sucked / licked my nipples for a minute.

This is how I explain to my doctor and the clinic. Both said nothing is possible and that my anxiety is kicking in because NO Exchange of Fluid occurred.

This is not true. However, the doxy stopped all the pain in few days. So Not sure if it was chemical or bacteria.

However, yes i am worried about HIV...I would never ever do this in my life.

Last edited by bigtar; 09/03/14 11:17 PM.
Re: Sudden Joint Pain - Elbow, Knee, Ankle. [Re: bigtar] #268294 09/03/14 11:18 PM
B
bigtar Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
B
Forgot to mention, three days prior to joint pain onset I did have influenza vaccine. My doctor said vaccines do not trigger RA?

What you all think?

Re: Sudden Joint Pain - Elbow, Knee, Ankle. [Re: bigtar] #268295 09/04/14 01:21 AM
T
tntlamb Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
T
The possibilities I mentioned have incubation of 5 - 24 hours. Back in the day (service) there were parlors outside the base. Both were common. They would call us in fact. It comes from the oil. They don't use fresh oil. Tissues get contaminated. If she used the toilet and didn't fully wash her hands. Your docs appear clueless to the possibilities.......

FWIW HIV is highly unlikley its very fragile. Hepatitis however can survive a week or more.

Last edited by tntlamb; 09/04/14 01:31 AM.
Re: Sudden Joint Pain - Elbow, Knee, Ankle. [Re: bigtar] #268296 09/04/14 02:25 AM
B
bigtar Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
B
Yea, i agree about the doc part.

So you think the oil was contaminated? I agree, don't see any other possibilities.

what do you think about vaccine notion? of causing RA?

Re: Sudden Joint Pain - Elbow, Knee, Ankle. [Re: bigtar] #268299 09/04/14 01:10 PM
Banana Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
Forget the vaccine notion. It did not do it.

Perhaps her hands/the oil/the table/ etc had germs? I agree call an STD clinic.

Of course, you could have eaten something that gave you reactive arthritis.

See the rhuemy soon.
Anna

Actema IV once a month (with pre loading for allergic reaction), Cymbalta x1 daily, Arava 20mg daily. Diagnosed with AS in 2004, suffered undiagnosed since 1982.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto