Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Low Starch Diet vs. Gluten-Free Diet [Re: Alice10] #283571 09/08/19 04:52 PM
I
Imnotsure Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I
Originally Posted by Alice10
Hello Imnotsure,

You've been eating only beef for several years? You don't have deficiencies? I wonder how you can get enough vitamins, fibers, antioxidants, minerals, ...? It really puzzles me.

It's because this is what were taught.

Re: Low Starch Diet vs. Gluten-Free Diet [Re: Alice10] #283574 09/09/19 05:48 AM
V
vosadrian Online
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
V

Originally Posted by Alice10

Hello Vosadrian,

Be aware that this mono-diet (meat) will only let you know if your symptoms are coming from food. It won't tell you if the issue is carbs, gluten, dairy, soy, conservatives, additives,...
As I said to Imnotsure, I don't know how you can cope with the deficiencies that this mono-diet would necessary bring.
I hope you will find a diet that is going to make you feel better :-)

For me it is an experiment. Nothing intended to be long term. I just want to find out if diet is a factor in my symptoms. Best would be a long term water fast. I can probably do up to about 5 days of that and I may start with that. After that I want to go through a period of time with absolutely no chance of any starch. Meat seems like a good way to do this without wondering about other stuff which could have starch. If I feel better, I start reintroducing foods to determine which ones make me feel bad again.

Re: Low Starch Diet vs. Gluten-Free Diet [Re: Imnotsure] #283576 09/09/19 12:03 PM
A
Alice10 Online OP
Registered Visitor
OP Online
Registered Visitor
A
Hello Imnotsure,

I'm not sure I fully understand your enigmatic comment. Do you mean that I'm puzzled because of "something taught"? Would you be so kind as to elaborate your comment, I would really appreciate it as I still don't know whether or not you have deficiencies with your mono-diet. And I think it would be very interesting for whoever would like to try the same diet as you. Thank you in advance :-)

Hello Vosadrian,

Yes, if you just want to find out if diet is a factor, that diet might be really useful. It's probably a good starting point. I've also considered fasting for a few days in order to find out if diet was my issue, but I was a bit concerned about fasting while working full time (since I'm already really tired because of the disease).
Let us know about your findings once you'll have tried this mono-diet :-)

Re: Low Starch Diet vs. Gluten-Free Diet [Re: Alice10] #283578 09/09/19 03:00 PM
I
Imnotsure Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I
What i meat from a comment is that we are told the dangers of meat over the years. you have vegans taking studies and articles rewriting them in their favour. now don't want to get into the politics of this so as for my deficiencies I have none.

I have my blood work every 6 months monitored by my RH to ensure the medication meloxicam that I'm taking it's not taking a toll on my body and regular AS symptom side effects.

Out of the 20 blood test I have accumulated over the years a few things have gone up and down but it was nothing to be concerned about. For example my creatine was low on blood test but it was fine the next. my cholesterol which I'm sure everyone always asks about is fine. My cholesterol is at 450 which may seem high but it's not. Your cholesterol can you jump 20 to 300 points before and after a meal and they really have no way of measuring cholesterol. When you dive deep into what cholesterol does we actually need this. Cholesterol is far from bad.

Now I don't eat just beef I do eat other things to supply nutrients. Meat itself you can survive just fine but if you want more nutrients you have to eat other things.

So this is what I eat. I eat twice a day. Mainly prime rib because it is 30% fat which is my fuel. Depending on how extensive my activity is that day I will eat more fat from a jar that I make myself for energy production. I eat my beef blue. Meaning I only sear the outside at high heat to kill off the bacteria and the middle is basically raw cand it is freaking delicious. If you eat meat grey or done, you destroy all the nutrients which is why you have to eat things blue because cooking it destroys their nutrients in the meat. I do eat eggs every now and then. Every two days I eat cod liver and its own oil. It is high in omega-3. If you take fish oil or cod liver in pills it's already rancid and oxidized and does not do anything. Its awaste of money. I do eat oysters for zinc and in turn increases your libido. Having this disease kind of destroys that.

So, my blood work is perfect and above. My kidney and liver function is above-average. I my inflammatory markers are normal. My vitamin c which people always ask about when eating meat is normal because meat has vitamin c in in it but again when you overcook it you destroy the vitamin c which is why you have it blue. I'm at the point now where I literally crave meat and fat.

Between the prime rib and cod liver, oysters is more than enough to have all the vitamins and minerals you need.

I am not the only one on this diet. There are hundreds and thousands of people that do this to control their autoimmunity diseases. The diet information for ankylosing spondylitis is outdated. It says to stay away from red meat and high-fat yet here I am and hundreds of other people thrive off red meat and high fat omega-3. Stay away from Omega 9 as that is the worst fat for your body for anybody which causes severe inflammation for those with autoimmune diseases. Like peanuts is high in Omega 9 then omega-6 and very little omega-3.

I do take other supplements stop replace the oxidative stress caused by ankylosing. what if I told you I figured out the fatigue that we all have with AS? I did because I'm a motherfuking badass 😏
now it may not necessarily work for other people but it definitely works for the people that I help with her AS.

See when I started my journey tackling this disease I was trying to fix the disease. Stop AS itself. But I realize it's not possible so I change my my research and started to Target things that need to be fixed caused by AS. Our bodies use up so many resources combating this disease because of the pain and inflammation. if you're not replacing has been completed your symptoms are rolling going to get worse so I am replacing what a s is taking away and this is why I'm in literally no pain and almost in complete remission.

I go running, I go mountain biking, I went waterskiing over the weekend and we all know how hard and strenuous water skiing is on your back. I'm shredded and I don't workout but because my job is extremely physical I do about 20k to 30k steps a day. prior to all this and being on tnf blockers I could not do any of this. Let alone get out of bed.

each time at the end of my rheumatologist appointment she says when do you want to schedule and is there any point? And I say to her while we'll keep it at 6 months because something could happen something could change so I'll see you every 6 months.

Some other benefits now point out being on my meat diet. Iglo, I look younger, I have absolutely no body fat on me at all. when you are on a high-fat and no carbohydrate diet you do not store fat. I am 5-11 and I was at 180 lb and now I set on average 145 to 150. I'm usually 150 at the end of the day after Ive eaten in 6 lb of beef.

Have not been sick or taking a day off work for anything medical and over five years now. No cold no flu no nothing. I have three kids and dog and cat and a wife and they're always getting sick. I used to get sick a lot before this. I used to get cold sores and then when I switch to meet my no longer get them. With this by fluke? Coincidence? I don't know other than this is a little thing that I noticed. Cold sores are usually caused by stress induced and if you remove the stresses in the oxidative stress in your body while it should keep the cold sores from breaking out cuz that seems to be logic.

Eating this way can be tough sometimes mentally. I won't lie that I have broken down crying that I miss pizza or my favourite ice cream which was chocolate peanut butter Haagen-Dazs. It took me almost 2 years to not cheat when I first started doing this. And has nothing to do with willpower has to do with old learning to do this way because it completely changes your life and your social life. I carry a barbecue in my pickup truck so I can cook my lunch or if I go to a wedding or anywhere so I can eat. going to parties weddings or social gatherings is tough because you can't eat and you can't drink. As long as I have distilled alcohols I'm okay but I'm not a hard liquor drinker so it's tough down whiskey all night so I just don't do it. I do make beef jerky for snacks got to take a long when I go mountain biking or any sports we're on unable to eat a meal right away.

But when you're at the point that you're in so much pain that you have thought about taking your own life just to get away from it; this is how I'm doing this mono diet.

Last edited by Imnotsure; 09/09/19 08:13 PM.
Re: Low Starch Diet vs. Gluten-Free Diet [Re: Alice10] #283580 09/10/19 03:42 PM
A
Alice10 Online OP
Registered Visitor
OP Online
Registered Visitor
A
Hello Imnotsure,

Thank you for explaining your comment, I understand what you mean now. I don’t see this as you, but that’s ok. You’re pro-meat and I’m not, so let’s just leave it ;-)
I just want to add though, in case other persons than you and I are reading this thread, that vegans don’t “rewrite articles” on their favor. 99% of vegetarians/vegan are just trying to be more respectful toward the nature and the environment (refusal to take part of inhumane factory farming; respect all lives, meaning not killing animals while you can eat other food; reduce the impact of animal agriculture on the environment; etc.).

Thank you very much for your explanations about your diet. I’m very glad for you that you don’t have any deficiency. It does look like this mono-diet is working for you!

I like when you say that you started by trying to fix the disease and then you realized that you need in fact to fix what caused the disease. That’s what I would like to do as well, avoiding the inflammation by changing my diet rather than fixing the inflammation (once it’s already there) by taking meds.

I see that you’re doing a lot of sport, that’s so great. I miss exercising...

Oh yes, I guess your diet must be sometimes difficult when you go out... Just being a vegetarian brings a lot of comments and criticism, so I can imagine that your diet must bring so many (unwanted) comments and remarks... But I’m sure you’ve learned to cope with it or at least ignore it.

Yes, I know that when you’re in great pain, you would do pretty much anything to get better. I’m happy for you that you’ve been able to find what makes you feel better :-)

I wish you the best,

Alice

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan