Print Thread
What I've found in TCM #283687 10/28/19 02:11 AM
J
jpgr Offline OP
First time visitor
OP Offline
First time visitor
J
TCM- Traditional Chinese Medicine - relies on a mix of herbal treatments to treat a variety of health issues. In the past 20 years, Western medicine has validated much of what TCM offers in terms of treatments.

For Ankylosing Spondylitis- TCM prescribes a mixture called Bushen-Qiangdu-Zhilv. This decoction is mentioned quite a bit in PubMed- see for instance, Treatment of Ankylosing Spondylitis with Bushen-Quangdu-Shilv Decoction: A Case Report https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27089528
Or http://www.journaltcm.com/modules/Journal/contents/stories/081/12.pdf

I've researched what several of these herbs do- and I can see why they work together in a synergistic manner. However, if you would like to simply invest in one TCM herb- I would recommend Rehmannia. It's really made a difference for me (other TCM herbs may work- but they're not as dramatic). Many TCM herbs can be easily purchased on Amazon- although the medicinal dosage usually prescribed by TCM practitioners appears to be between 10-15g- far more than found in a single capsule.
Google is your friend
John
PS_ just as a disclaimer, I have no commercial interest in any TCM product

Last edited by jpgr; 10/28/19 02:23 AM.
Re: What I've found in TCM [Re: jpgr] #283688 10/28/19 10:49 AM
I
Imnotsure Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I
Nice find. I'll try anything. I will order today.

I don't take any herbals no more except for one because I respond to diet very well and that diet includes completely staying away from all plant material and vegetables. So when I take a herbal supplement I get a positive and negative reaction. The negative reaction is the flare-up and the positive reaction is doing what it's doing. 1 herb but I take now helps me with my energy and pain but also causes a mild flare up. However the energy and pain-relieving effects outweigh the minor flare up I get from it.

The benefits of this herb ll you recommended looks promising. Besides being an anti-inflammatory it has a lot of other strong benefits. However it did not mention what cytokines or (IL's) it targets. There's so many things out there that say anti-inflammatory but that does not mean anything.

I'm near to getting off my last medication meloxicam. I'm almost at the point of stopping it now but not ready yet. I have one more month to go and then I will know however meantime I will try this herb you found and again thank you for that.

https://selfhacked.com/blog/rehmannia/

This is a great site for referencing just about anyting.

I found a 20:1 extract powder on Amazon. I like high extract powder as there's less pathogens and tannins in the material that I am greatly affected by.

Last edited by Imnotsure; 10/28/19 10:58 AM.
Re: What I've found in TCM [Re: jpgr] #283721 11/07/19 05:02 PM
I
Imnotsure Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I
I tried Rehmannia for a week and it did help with the inflammation at the beginning but then inflammation increased as the days went by because of the plant material.

One way around it is to find out what the active compounds are and have them extracted for use. This way you can avoid the inflammation caused by the plant material itself. A lot of my supplements are pure extracts of compounds but it can get expensive. For example for 10g of pure L-sulforaphane costs $800.

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan