Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Supplements? [Re: Limes] #283910 01/11/20 09:19 AM
O
Onice1 Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
O
Imnotsure - exactly what dairy do you permit? Only grass fed buffalo or also any grass fed cows milk like A2? Is there dairy in the ice cream? I’ve some other paths to follow before following such a strict diet but I totally believe you. I’ve read many forums where people found a path similar to yours for their condition. I know about vit c in meat. I got a book on a meat diet. Chris Masterjohn, PhD is coming out with a new on book on nutrition for any diet. I already submitted my 23andme to his site and found out that due to my methylation issues I require more choline.

Re: Supplements? [Re: Imnotsure] #283911 01/11/20 06:12 PM
C
Caturday Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
C
Originally Posted by Imnotsure
Originally Posted by Onice1
Imnotsure - What supplements do you take to provide the lacking nutrition from eating basically meat/fish? Do you not eat greens? Do you think you are better because no carbs, no starch or no lectins? You must have much discipline. But you are not entirely better because you want to try a new supplement? You sound so good at your diet maybe you should change your name to Iamsure! You are an inspiration to me to try diet again. I usually Peter out at about a month of something strict like AIP if I don’t feel better.

I don't take any supplements for lacking of nutrition I take a few supplements for mental health and to help with the side effects of AS. What you're told about meat is and isn't a like. If your eating convectional farmed meat it will help but not as much as pastor-raised meats. Farmed meats are high in estrogen and omega 6. For example if I eat store bacon I get a massive flare up to the point I can't even walk. Give me a pastor-raised and I have no flare-up or pain. I eat no vegetables. The odd time if the kids are making there lunch and I the blueberries are out I will pop a few in my mouth but that's it. I also use cherry tart powder for when I make ice cream for a treat. I use Glycine in place of sugar. So my ice cream is sugar free and tastes damn good. The kids even like it.

Over the years as I payed attention to days of flareups and days of no flare ups. I learned that the AS is reacting to something and my hunch was food. As I adjusted it I was having better days but then things would return to normal. I spent years on and off revisiting this and then once I had a theory I stuck to it and it worked.

People would tell me diet doesn't work as they have tried it. I then asked let me guess, you went to a base line diet and then after 1-2 weeks the symptoms came back right and sometimes they pain came back worse right? They said "yes".
This is what happening and why, We are what we eat. for example if I eat farmed meat my pain goes up 30%, if I eat grass-fed beef I have no pain from it. Grains are seeds and seeds/nuts should never be eaten if you have an autoimmune disease. There are tones of papers and articles that also say this. Except for this site yet everyone else says DONT! So why does the pain come back? because the tannis and other toxins in the seeds get stored in the fat of the animal and the same will happen to use when you eat seeds and other plant material. Look plants and seeds have poisonous toxins in them because they don't want to be eaten. Why birds can eat certain berries and we can't, Koala bears can eat eucalyptus and we can't. Our immune systems are able to break them down and just like us that have impaired immune systems cannot tolerate plant material like everyone else. The plant material floats around, lands in the tissue and then our body wants to cover it up with bone. The reason why the pain comes back after 1-2 weeks is because when you eat meat and fat only you don't store any body fat so if you have some chubs on you and you eat this way, what happens to existing fat that is on you? More importantly what do you think is being released when you're burning your existing fat? Yes that's right, all the stuff stored in the fat is being released like a firestorm into your blood stream. It takes 1-3 months of having your pain levels going up and down until you burn through all your existing fat and then store some new healthy fat.

When I cut out sugars I lost my tolerance to it. If I have even a 20mg+ of it I go into a flare up where before I could tolerate sugar with the flare-up but now the flare-ups are so bad I wouldn't even consider it. Its like gaining your immunity from colds and flues and then suddenly losing it.

As for discipline, its not, its a choice, My choices are to eat a regular AS diet, BE SICK, go back on my biologics and medications and be in large amounts of pain or eat meat and not be in pain. yes its tough and I do miss certain foods but again, its not worth the pain and misery. I do well, I eat Beef, bision, heart, liver, for all my nutrients and vitamins, Beef tallow and other fat for energy where I used Carbs for energy before. I make my own kefir with grass fed buffalo milk. Grain fed milk causes reactions/flare-ups, I make ice cream, I eat Smoke WILD CAUGHT salmon. Farmed salmon is poisonous. If you read how they are raised you would never eat it again and they are super high in omega 6 which causes inflammation. As I am righting this I am in no pain. Some days it hits a level 1 or 2

I only eat twice a day during the week and sometimes just once a day on the weekends as I don't burn that much energy.
Today was an active day at work so for extra fuel I drank 500ml of 35% whipping cream. I also ate 1lb of beef with about 500mg of fat. The beef is not the food. its just the source of nutriends and as I said , the fat for energy.

If you need advice I can offer as I like to help people. I have helped other people who have had great success as well. When it comes to cost, its usually the same or cheaper than conventional food.

The medical community wont tell you any of this because sick people give them a job. My RH has tried to cut me already but I said no because what if? I see her every 6 months just for check ups and I have my blood work done every 4 months. If you start searching the internet for eating Carnivore to control Auto immune disease you will be gob smacked to how much information there is. Now there is a right way and a wrong way to do this diet. If you do it wrong its nothing major but if you do it right you will do amazing.

Very informative and will look deeper into this. Can you also respond to my PMs? I wanted to go over with you some specific questions about your own personal protocol thank you!

Re: Supplements? [Re: Caturday] #283913 01/11/20 09:35 PM
I
Imnotsure Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I
Originally Posted by Caturday

Very informative and will look deeper into this. Can you also respond to my PMs? I wanted to go over with you some specific questions about your own personal protocol thank you!

Yes you can message me.

Re: Supplements? [Re: Onice1] #283915 01/11/20 10:34 PM
I
Imnotsure Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I
Originally Posted by Onice1
Imnotsure - exactly what dairy do you permit? Only grass fed buffalo or also any grass fed cows milk like A2? Is there dairy in the ice cream? I’ve some other paths to follow before following such a strict diet but I totally believe you. I’ve read many forums where people found a path similar to yours for their condition. I know about vit c in meat. I got a book on a meat diet. Chris Masterjohn, PhD is coming out with a new on book on nutrition for any diet. I already submitted my 23andme to his site and found out that due to my methylation issues I require more choline.

Hi, when it comes milk I stay away from cows milk for a few reasons. I drink Sheep and buffalo milk. When it comes to nutrients lowest to highest in order is Cow, Buffalo and then Sheep. ( Don't drink goat because it literally tastes like ass). Sheep milk has double the amount of nutrients than cow milk when it comes to D3, Mg, zn, B12, A etc.. Buffalo has a bit less than sheep. The other reason is Buffalo milk is 8% whole and Sheep is 6% whole. Fat is my best friend on this diet. Cow milk on the other hand has equal and high amounts of EEA's ( essential amino acids). last buffalo and sheep milk tastes really good. These milks are great for kefer. Kefer takes a day to make. Just put the grains in the milk jar, sit over the heat register and the next day you have kefer. I'v never tried A2 milk but is better tolerated by those like myself who doesnt tolerate dairy too well. Lastly I drink about 250-500ml of 45% cream a day. This my energy shot drink. I have high intensity physical job so I need all the energy I can get. I can't exactly pick up a chocolate bar or a bag of chips for a snack carb fuel. MY body runs on fat and I do not have any fat on my body. Im 5'10 150lbs lean. My main source of fat is from Tallow, beef fat, bone marrow. These sources supply my vitamin needs

That is awesome you got your DNA health file. I had it done as well. It has allowed me to treat myself even further. I was taking things that said I should not take and I did, I got a bit better. Like you, you need to eat more eggs yolks for choline. Don't eat Egg whites if you eat a lot of eggs. It inhibits hair growth. Just eat the yolks. Eggs whites do more bad than good. Yes if you cook the whites it will not entirely inhibit hair growth so why even both with it?

If Chris had an autoimmune disease I would trust his book. One of my family doctors who is now an ex doctor said to me at the end of the appointment " I know a lot about Ankylosing Spondylitis, you should increase your starch intake". lol
Chris knows a lot and has done a great service through his videos but you have to fact check him as he is not always right.

This diet is very good. It tastes good, I feel great on it but I do miss other foods. Have I thought about a cheat day? I have but is a week of pain and inflammation worth it for 20 minutes of pleasure? no its not. years ago I would come home crying to my wife that I miss Ice cream ( Chocolate peanut butter Kawarathas), I miss pizza, I just want a bigmac and I mean full on crying lol. You don't realize how emotionally attached we are to food but food (processed/junk food, farmed food) makes me sick and I don't want to be sick.

I am in a flare up as we speak because I grabbed the wrong eggs this morning. My wife put her eggs in my carton and marked them with 6 black dots. I grabbed eggs that I though had 6 black dots on them for spot. With eggs the flareup will be gone by morning.

The best thing about being on this diet is that I have control of my flareups and pain. I now exactly why I would have a flare up but this usually only happens when I go outside my normal diet. Except when my wife does things like that HA!

Last edited by Imnotsure; 01/11/20 10:42 PM.
Re: Supplements? [Re: Imnotsure] #283917 01/12/20 04:18 AM
C
Caturday Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
C
Originally Posted by Imnotsure
Originally Posted by Caturday

Yes you can message me.

We are already talking privately just respond to our PM thread.

Re: Supplements? [Re: Limes] #283938 01/17/20 08:16 AM
O
Onice1 Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
O
I’m just of the mind you can’t have your cake and eat it too, meaning you got to go all meat or the opposite no meat or perhaps high fat or low fat but you can’t have it all. Here’s a current study on RA in Germany -fasting followed by Vegan diet but particular to each individual somehow. The good thing about this study is looking at the microbiome! I’m assuming spondy and RA share similar disruptions of microbiome which express different symptoms according to genetics.
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03856190#studydesc

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan