Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Re: [Sticky] Diet and Ankylosing Spondylitis
Anonymous #284489 10/29/20 05:49 PM
A
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
A
Anyone tried the Everlywell at-home food sensitivity tests or have any idea if AS food response is IgG?

I'm contemplating trying it since being completely off all grains/starches is getting old. Would love to more easily know what foods are reactive.

https://www.everlywell.com/discover...-comprehensive-test/?mrasn=638527.792761

Anonymous #284491 10/29/20 09:24 PM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
have not tried it. I did do an allergy elimination diet -with a health care provider- years ago and found it informative. There is a food that I was previously unaware of that set off flares for me. Also found things that i suspected which turned out to be fine.

there is also a free study with viome that you may want to check out. https://spondylitis.org/research/participate-in-research/

would love to hear what you find out.

best wishes,

AS, U C, Iritis, migraines. HLA-B27neg. Yoga (instructor) & spin. No meds at this time. Dx 1989. SAA member/donor since 1993. All my posts are personal opinion/feelings and do not represent the SAA. Help find a cure & support others by donating to the SAA.
Anonymous #284494 11/02/20 07:00 PM
A
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
A
Thanks RAHMBA!
I just signed up to get the eligibility package for the Viome trial. Hopefully I get to do it and get more information - and maybe find more food I can eat :-)

It is so comforting to hear from you - I've never talked to anyone else with AS and having only been officially diagnosed this year I feel pretty alone. All the doctors just want to pile on more meds and more side effects which then want more meds - this site has helped me more than any Dr.
Thanks again.

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard