Ashiegirl -

It does sound like your medication is not working as well as it could.

I get a bad flare (feels like flu, flu skin, low-grade fever, just yucky all over) every 2-3 months. I think this is pretty often.

It is critical that you get enough rest (8-10 hours a day), eat right and don't overdo it.

I know this is hard for you at your age, but you can hang out with your friends as long as you give yourself "breaks". They want to go dancing? Go, just don't dance every dance. I used to go with my friends in college. I can't dance (at all), so I just sat out the dances, talked to other people sitting out and usually had a pretty good time.

If you need to leave early, just do it. You can say you have to get your beauty sleep.

It would be good if you can find even one friend to confide in. Sometimes you have to be really specific about what is going on with you for people to understand. This friend could be your "wingman" who can help fend off questions from others and who might even be willing to leave early with you sometimes so you don't feel like the odd person out.

As far as your school work goes, you may need to talk to your professors. Some will be jerks and some will be understanding. You may also need to take fewer hours at a time (12 instead of 15). I bet there is someone in student advising who could help you work this out.

Maybe you could start a facebook group for kids your age who have extraordinary challenges.

I'm sorry this is so hard for you and I hope you keep coming here to let us know how you are doing.