There have been many different "takes" on my original post. I'd like to comment in general on what I've seen. I haven't been online for a while, haven't felt like it. I want everybody to know that I appreciate everyone's comments. It's nice to find both people who sympathize as well as people who offer a "kick in the butt", as I'm sure all of you know, both are important. It's far easier to take a well-meant "stop whining about what you've lost and dwell on what you have" from someone who knows what it's like. This is the only place I can get those well needed kicks from someone who deals with the same thing. (I was told once by a well-meaning coworker that if I just improved my diet, both the pain and the disfigurement would be gone. I wonder if she has told the researchers this.)
I just wanted everyone to know that there isn't really a wrong way to respond to what I originally wrote. Since people here know what I'm faced with, both the sympathetic ear and the kick in the butt are needed. Thank you all for your comments.

Last edited by DaleD; 05/21/10 08:57 PM.