Quote:
"In 1996, in a paper supporting his theory, Dr. Ebringer published the chart of one of the patients that he had been following over a period of time. The patientís sedimentation rate (ESR) showed a clear decline from 1983 to 1995, during which time he had followed the special diet. It is important to note that although ESR is sometimes used as a measure of disease activity in patients with arthritis, it is recognized that ESR levels in AS are not necessarily indicative of how well a patient feels. Dr. Ebringer believes that the lowering of said patientís ESR level demonstrated the success of the diet.

"Other studies have failed to duplicate the results of Ebringerís research into how a low starch diet influenced the growth of klebsiella in the gut and have found that the diet has little or no effect on symptoms." [emphasis added]

[btw-WHAT A SURPRISE!]

Regret this kind of mis-direction and misinformation is typical of the detractors.

The female patient who was followed in the Ebringer study had kept her ESR lower through her dietary choices, but also IgA-Kp was lower.

Ebringer is not the only researcher who believes ESR is related to disease activity--MOST recognize the connection. Very few are as confused as physicians: Elevated ESR is fully indicative, but non-elevated ESR in a DIFFERENT patient does not mean there is no disease activity; around 40% of AS patients do not track--the majority do: "MRS B" does, but she still maintained low ESR as of 2009, due to diet.

1996?

There has been NO INFORMATION after 1996??!!

That's the BEST they can do to try and discredit Ebringer and diet?

Soon enough SAA will have to face the REAL facts about AS--that molecular mimicry is real and has been substantiated in laboratories of over 17 different countries.

And the sooner Ebringer's work is accepted there can be real advances in treatment for AS instead of just hand-me-down RA drugs.

Quote:
"Other studies have failed to duplicate the results of Ebringerís research into how a low starch diet influenced the growth of klebsiella in the gut and have found that the diet has little or no effect on symptoms." [emphasis added]

This is LAUGHABLE! True, "other studies" have failed to duplicate the results of Ebringer's research...[blah] BECAUSE THERE HAVE BEEN NO "other studies!" What is such misdirection except a LIE?

Apparently ANYONE can get away with saying anything they want, and be believed by the most gullible. THEY produce NO RESULTS, but all they can do is TALK DOWN about researchers who found it first. Let them be consumed with envy when the headstone is put on this disease and the the epitaph has room for one name: Alan Ebringer.

A person can only truly believe by DOING. Until they achieve RESULTS they should not support any therapy. Once they have the results, there might be no other therapies worth doing--yes, I have RESULTS and there are no other therapies I could be sold on and I support only what has worked for me and HUNDREDS of others: I have their additional success stories, and will make these public soon.

Keeping AS a mystery might be good business for some, but it is a terrible disservice to the patients, who suffer and die even thinking their doctors 'did all they could for me.' What a pathetic racket!

Nota Bene: I am not a medical doctor, and my views do not represent the opinions of the SAA
AS Resources
My Long, Boring AS Story
Professor Alan Ebringer Diet and AS