I also have a heating pad at work. Mine is the plug-in kind, which I prefer since the heat is consistent and lasts longer. I sit in a cubicle but this works fine.

I use a laptop at work so I set up a "standing workstation" for myself - the computer is on top of a filing cabinet with a couple of reams of paper under it to get it to the right height for me to comfortably work on it. Switching from sitting to standing definitely helps.

When I do stretches I do them in the stairwell - a stair is the perfect height for hamstring exercises - and few use the stairs as I'm in a 9 story office building.

But really, if pain is making it very hard to get through the day, you need to work with a pain management doc to see about trying some pain meds on top of the Remicade (or until the Remicade kicks in.) I keep mine at work in case the need arises (I don't normally take them regularly during the day, but only at bedtime.)

Jen, 42, happy partner of James and Moma to Evan, 14, & Lucy, 12.5 (Crohn's dx @ age 3; on Remicade since April 2010.) I take piroxicam, Flexeril, & Nucynta ER nightly. 3 anti-TNFs didn't pan out for me.

"Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance." -- Hippocrates