No, of course not. You misunderstood what I wrote. I didn't mean that it will never be possible to back up the claims with research. They cannot be backed up at this time by rigorous research that has been conducted and published in peer reviewed scientific journals - because no such research exists. Of course, there is also no published research that shows the diet does NOT work as claimed by some. There is really no scientific data at all - only theories, opinions, and beliefs.

I am not making any claims of fact; I'm not "against" the diet or anything like that. I just think it's important to be clear on the difference between known facts and speculation, wishes, hopes, etc.

Research is definitely needed to provide evidence to support or refute such claims. Until that research exists, however, the statements about the low starch diet are opinions, not facts.

Jen, 42, happy partner of James and Moma to Evan, 14, & Lucy, 12.5 (Crohn's dx @ age 3; on Remicade since April 2010.) I take piroxicam, Flexeril, & Nucynta ER nightly. 3 anti-TNFs didn't pan out for me.

"Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance." -- Hippocrates