I haven't posted in quite some time, but I'm sorry about what your son is facing. My son turned 17 on Sunday and was diagnosed at 15. It's definitely something we work with daily, but it's hard ... I was diagnosed a little over a year ago and feel terribly responsible for what Ryan's facing. This is going to be lengthy ... sorry ... Ryan had a paratonsilar and pharangeal abcess (filled with hymophillis) when he was 3 ... he almost died. At 12, he was diagnosed with disseminated histoplasmosis; in July 2003, he was diagnosed with AS; in October he was hospitalized with aceptic meningitis ... the neurologist who stepped in during his hospitalization wanted to do a recheck last week ... he's the first doctor who has said let's step back and look at this collectively ... he thinks they're all related and is sending Ryan to an Immunologist in St. Louis on February 1 ... I'm scared. He feels that Ryan could have a very rough road ahead of him considering his past ... I'm scared. I sit hear with tears in my eyes ... I'm so sorry for all of you who have children dealing with health issues. Ryan has never asked why ... he's tough, but between us moms, I'm just not sure where to turn. Lots and lots of prayers ... to "Mom Advocate" ... if your son would like to contact Ryan, just e-mail me; I'll pass on his email address. The kids need to be able to connect. Thanks for listening, I just had to get this out there to see what anyone else might think ... God bless you all ...