All of the biologics are made differently and attack the TNF molecule in different ways- and so your experience on Remicade will be different than Enbrel and Humira- hard to predict if you'll have problems or not.

The biggest risk of being on the TNF inhibitors is infection. There is no right answer for everyone, but if I were choosing between steroids and TNF inhibitors, I would choose a new TNF inhibitor- repeated use of steroids can damage joints and organs if used long term.

Hard to tell if you would have gotten shingles or appendicitis anyway, or if the Humira contributed to it. 1 in 3 people in the US will have shingles in their lifetime, and if you're over 50, your risk is higher. However, having a compromised immune system (like on a TNF inhibitor) does increased risk.

Sorry, this may not help or not, I know these decisions are tricky. I'm only 8 weeks into Humira- it has changed my life, and if I get to where you are, I know decisions will be harder to make...

Best wishes to you!

48 yo female, history of back pain since 1985, fatigue since 2009
-USpA diagnosis in August, 2015. Changed to PsA in 2016
-Erosions in finger joints
-HLA-B27 +
-Other: fibromyalgia dx in 2011 (wrong dx), endometriosis, severe pollen allergies
-Medications: Humira (since Oct, 2015). Weekly Humira start in Sept., 2016. Methotrexate (Dec. 2016). Aleve (as needed only), Lyrica, Tramadol, Baclofen, Vicoden, Tylenol, Xanax. Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid. Allergy Immunotherapy shots since 2009