It takes a relief of acute pain and sheer will. I used Voltaren NSAID for many years and it was the only thing which took the pain to a level I could perform. I was also contending with frequent bouts of Uveitis in my right eye. This was 9 years before Remicade. I like to think I'm strong but there were days when it was very difficult but you know the work itself and the people around me kept me buoyed up. i also used long acting Tylenol, hot tubs and Aspercreme.

Now the best thing I did was I did not tell anyone. So they saw me as an equal. If I limped a day, I said I twisted my ankle of some other white lie. If my eye was red, I said yah doc gave me some drops. Nursing is a go-to job and fast paced. I remember being duty bound to succeed and I did. After Remicade life got easier and I had experience as an RN so I was not terrified daily of accidentally harming a patient. The last 10 years have been very good to me with a reduction in symptoms and no flares really for many years.

Get that pain under control...Keep your cards close to your chest... and push through. =)

Anytime.

Diagnosed 2001 after years of joint pain. Remicade started 2002 - 5mg/kg every 7 weeks.
Right Eye Iritis.Trabeculectomy/lens replacement 2006 > DSEK Cornea Transplant 2009.
>Ahmed Shunt 2016 >DSEK Cornea Transplant 2016.
Supra Ventricular Tachycardia. Radio Frequency Ablation 2008.
Angina and stent placement 9/2020

ICU RN - Seattle, WA
~Grasp The Challenge and Succeed~