Hi Seymour. Sorry I didn't respond sooner but I was on vacation. If your CRP generally tracks with your disease activity, it's a good tool. For me, Sed Rate tracks with inflammation so my rheumy stopped measuring CRP and started measuring Sedrate instead. Everyone is different.

I am glad you are talking to someone about your anxiety. It is normal to have anxiety or depression related to diagnosis with a chronic illness. Yes depression and anxiety can cause pain, but as someone pointed out so can lots of things. People without diseases get bad backs too, ya know? smile

The recent suicides of several high-profile people show just how serious an illness depression and anxiety can be. Hang in there, don't need to apologize for asking for support on a support forum. We are here for you. We have all likely had periods of panic and doubt over this. Keep sharing and please let us know how you are doing. We all care.

46, diagnosed with AS in early 2005 and on TNF-blockers since then: They have been miracle drugs for me. On Enbrel from spring 2005 to Nov 2008. On Humira from Nov 2008 to present. Baclofen and OTC anti-inflammatories as needed.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." --Gandhi